Everyone desires a beautiful smile they can be proud to share with others, and one way of reaching this desired goal is through cosmetic dental solutions. Among the available options are veneers, beautiful covers placed on the teeth’ outer facing. Carefully crafted to match the appearance and color of your natural teeth, these treatments can be used to cover multiple minor aesthetic concerns at once. We offer various forms of veneers, including minimal-prep veneers, a quick and convenient variety that produce beautiful results.
Why Minimal-Prep Veneers Are A Great Choice For Your Smile
Veneers generally come in two varieties, the first being minimal-prep veneers, the other being no-prep veneers.
- Minimal-Prep Veneers – The placement of this style of veneer begins with the removal of a thin layer of enamel material from the surface of the teeth. A thin layer of porcelain is then laid in place to provide a beautiful finish that repairs and obscures aesthetic concerns and minor imperfections.
- No-Prep Veneers – Unlike minimal-prep veneers, these ultra-thin coverings are applied directly to the surface of the teeth. While called ‘no-prep,’ there is occasionally a limited degree of preparation needed for them to be put in place.
While no-prep veneers require less lead time to be placed, they also are less effective at addressing certain kinds of aesthetic concerns. Particularly dark staining on the teeth often cannot be successfully treated with no-prep veneers. The thicker and sturdier minimal-prep veneers are generally required in this case. The thickness of the minimal-prep veneers also ensures that they last longer and are less prone to becoming damaged.
This style of cosmetic dentistry is appropriate for addressing multiple minor concerns simultaneously but is also appropriate for managing individual aesthetic concerns as well. Among the dental issues that can be addressed with this treatment include:
- Teeth that are discolored, stained, or yellowing
- Worn biting edges or fractured teeth
- Short, uneven, or cracked teeth
- Crowded, crooked, or mildly gapped teeth
- Teeth that are misshapen or unusually small
Each of these minor concerns is fully capable of being treated with veneers, and minimal-prep veneers are generally the most effective at handling them. Even better, they can accomplish all of these concerns, eliminating multiple visits or treatments. This comes together to make minimal-prep veneers the best option for many patients.
Do You Meet The Requirements For Minimal-Prep Veneers?
The range of concerns that this aesthetic dental treatment can address, combined with affordable material options in composite resin and porcelain, means many patients are viable candidates for this treatment. The best way to determine if they’ll work for you is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ulysses Vargas at our clinic in Spokane, WA. You’ll undergo a thorough dental exam and receive a consultation on the best potential options for moving forward with your cosmetic treatment. Don’t let multiple minor dental concerns keep you from sharing your beautiful smile! Look into minimal-prep veneers today.